11 Quick and Easy Ways to Improve Site Usability
One of the most important parts of a good website is usability. It can measure how easy (or difficult) it is for someone, who may or may not have seen your site before, get around and use your site. It pretty much includes how easily your visitors can find their way around your site, how quickly they can find exactly what they need, and ease of user interaction.
Here is a list of easy ways to quickly improve your site's usability.
- Place your logo in the top left corner and make it a link to the home page.
- Make sure that the text is a size that is easy to read.
- Don't fill up your sidebar with useless widgets.
- Link to other pages within the content.
- Put some spacing in between each paragraph and list item.
- Use a custom 404 error page.
- Underline your links and make them a different colour from normal text.
- Add a search box on every page, where it is easy to find.
- Make sure you don't have any broken links.
- Provide ways for the user to share the post with others at the bottom of each post.
- Include a few useful navigation links in your footer.
Can you think of any other ways to improve site usability? Be sure to leave a comment.
Also: Happy Thanksgiving!